WHITTLESFORD SATURDAY January 2018
*Saturday 9-10am Japanese Pop Absolute beginners all ages
*Saturday 10-11am bbodance Tap & Ballet Intro & Pre-Primary 3yrs+ (GITB)
*Saturday 11-12am Musical Theatre, Modern & Jazz all ages (MTMJ)
*Saturday 12-1pm bbodance Tap & Ballet all ages (GPP+)
*3 week discounted trial available to William Westley raffle ticket purchasers.
Spring Term 2018 – Saturdays: 8 Weeks Whittlesford.
Jan 6th 13th (20th William Westley School) 27th Feb 3rd HT HT 24th Mar 3rd N/A 17th 24th
QUY VILLAGE HALL TUESDAY
Tuesday 10-11.15 RAD Silver Swans adult ballet – extended
Special offer for existing clients: bring a male guest along during Spring Term FREE
QUY VILLAGE HALL TUESDAY New – will run when there is enough interest
bogof* Tuesday 11.30-12.30 Parent & Child Prima Dance* Session bogof*
QUY VILLAGE HALL WEDNESDAY – New – will run when there is enough interest
bogof* Wednesday 4.30pm Ballet, bbodance* Abs beginners bogof*
bogof* Wednesday 5-6pm Musical Theatre, Modern & Jazz* 7yrs+ bogof*
bogof* Wednesday 6-7pm Japanese Pop Absolute beginners all ages bogof*
Wednesday 7.15-8pm RAD Silver Swans absolute beginners
bogof* Wednesday 8-8.45pm Global Dance* bogof*
Walking distance 30 min from BVC via the Missing Sock
No 10 bus route Cambridge • Swaffham Prior • Burwell • Newmarket – 15 min from Cambridge town centre 9 min to Bottisham Village College
No 12A bus route Cambridge • Bottisham • Newmarket • Soham – 15 min from Cambridge town centre 9 min to Bottisham Village College
Classes taught by Lisa Nixon RT-bbodance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturdays (8 Weeks Whittlesford)
Jan 6th 13th (20th at William Westley) 27th Feb 3rd HT HT 24th Mar 3rd N/A 17th 24th £80
Tuesdays (10 Weeks Stow cum Quy )
Jan 9 16 23 30 Feb 6 HT 20 27 Mar 6 13 20 X £126 => Special price this term £105
Wednesdays (10 Weeks Stow cum Quy)
Jan X 17 24 31 Feb 7 HT 21 28 Mar 7 14 21 28 £100
Please fill out the following and return it as soon as possible so that I can place your child and all details on the register. Places are allocated on a first come first serve basis.
Your child’s name:
Your relationship to child:
Your telephone and mobile:
Child’s emergency contact other than you (Name, Number & Relationship):
Child’s emergency contact other than you (Name, Number & Relationship):
Your child’s date of birth:
Your child’s age on 1st September 2017:
Any health Issues:
Any special educational needs:
Chest size in inches:
Current outdoor shoe size:
Where you became aware about us:
Timings have been shuffled to provide a framework within which the school might grow.
Additional genres have been provided and younger children have been prioritised to an early morning slot.
From September 2017 LCN Dance Academy reserves the right to suspend those classes which carry less than 6 pupils if deemed necessary. Pupils will be offered an alternative class until numbers prove sufficient to run.
Please support your school by spreading the word to interested parties.
Please confirm that you are aware of the following by signing at the end of the statement.
- I have been offered a taster session, am on the waiting list or hold a place following completion of this form.
- For the taster, bare feet and PE kit or something comfy is absolutely fine. A bottle of water is also useful. Shoes and school leotard are available to buy or order through the school or association website when I am ready to buy.
- If I decide that this is not for us at the end of the taster then there will be nothing to pay.
- If I / we decide to sign in at the end of the session, one term’s fees will be required in full to secure our place. There is no obligation to confirm during the first six weeks but a decision should be made by half term if we wish to accept or decline our place within LCN Dance Academy. Attendance at LCNDA confirms we are willing to be bound by the terms and conditions including one full terms notice in writing to leave the school and ll class fees become due 1 week before the last day of term.
- I / we understand that my child, if successful in the probation period during the first half term, will wear the regulation leotard and leather ballet shoes purchased through LCN Dance Academy, bbodance website or approved supplier and agrees to all terms and conditions
- Whittlesford is not a nut free venue, however, due to a know nut allergy within the school, LCN Dance Academy has a current Nut Allergy policy in place. Please do not bring nuts in any form onto the premises.
- Chest size in even inches and current shoe size are to be provided each term in case you need emergency wear. (ballet shoes are usually about 1 full size above outdoor shoe size) Those who wish to donate old dance attire especially tap shoes at class may do so. These will be available for others to buy or borrow for a small donation of £5 to the school running costs.
- I /we understand that my/our child will be working towards exams and that as such will be required to wear regulation uniform designated for the exam for that grade and genre. Pupils who wish to borrow a regulation leotard, where this option exists, do so entirely at their own risk. LCN Dance Academy will not accept any responsibility for issues arising from the use of second hand leotards. Exam sessions must be scheduled with Head Office three months in advance and is dependent on the minimum financial threshold for sessions being reached. A verbal agreement for examination will be considered as binding. All children in the examination set must wear the same uniform.
- A one off membership fee of £30 to join LCNDA was introduced in August 2016. It applies to all new pupils.
- I give parental or guardian permission, as of July 2017, to allow photography or video in class by the teacher as a valuable teaching aid, record of choreography or achievement and where deemed suitable, for advertising of the school. If required, a professional class photographic session may be arranged by LCN Dance Academy for those who wish to purchase a beautiful record of their child’s interests and achievements. Parents or visitors are not to film classes without direct and express permission from the teacher. This is due to safeguarding responsibility and regulations.
- I have seen the ParQ form July 2017 and confirm that there are no medical conditions that put my child at risk.
- Please note refunds are not available.
Printed Name & Date __________________________________________________________________
I have added payment Details below for convenience:
Ms L C Nixon HSBC 40-05-18 92044277
WHBTJA18******G* £80 <- This will be your ref for January. (Whitlesford ballet/tap)
QUSSJA18******GM (Quy Silver Swans ballet) £126 => special price this term £105
Your reference will be similar to the one above:
(If it doesn’t fit your name is most important)
(****** please insert 1st 3 letters of your daughter’s name and 1st 3 letters of your name and the number of the grade you expect to be in as the final digit)
I look forward to hearing from you.
Ms Lisa Nixon RT-bbodance
LCN Dance Academy term dates as advertised through Bottisham Village College http://www.bottishamvc.org/news/term-dates/
SPRING TERM 2018
Wednesday 3rd January – Start of spring term
Friday 9th February – Training Day
12th – 16th February – Half-term
Thursday 29th March – End of spring term
Created 5th Dec 2017
Lisa Nixon RT-bbodance is Artistic Director of LCN Dance Academy, of particular interest is Inclusive Practice. She provides bespoke choreography and specialises in a wide range of genres especially for Parkinson’s and other lifelong conditions. Lisa is a qualified registered teacher through bbodance who adheres to professional practice and undergoes CPD Continuous Professional Development each year. She is also a Para Dance (UK) Instructor and is a Provisional Inclusive Trainer for them (formerly Wheelchair Dance Sport Association). Lisa holds a clean enhanced disclosure and barring certificate (DBS formerly known as CRB check) and is part of the update scheme.
Lisa was a Program Developer for SOSA and held the Sosa fitness licence for Cambridgeshire in 2016-2017. In September 2017 she was one of the first cohort to hold the much coveted Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) Silver Swan Licence for teaching ballet and repertoire to the adult ballet market.
Lisa studied RAD and UTD with Ms Anne Cummings in Accrington, Lancashire, then RAD and ISTD Imperial classical ballet and tap at the prestigious Bush Davies School of Theatre Arts and Education followed by studies culminating in a HND= in Dance, Performance & Theatre from the prestigious London Studio Centre in London.
Lisa trained with NATD, National Association of Teachers of Dance to Gold Cross standard in Latin American and Ballroom Dance. She was a regular Gold and Silver winner at Wythenshawe Latin & Ballroom Dance Competitions in Manchester and later went on to train with YMCA in ETM Exercise to Music: Aerobics. She has run Ballet, Bollywood, Latin and Ballroom classes for Bottisham Village College.
Lisa has worked as a professional dancer all over the world. She toured and held residencies in Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Philippines, Macau, Switzerland, Italy, Portugal and Morocco.
Her first ballet school CITRUS DANCE ACADEMY and life-long learning classes in a wide range of genres including Oriental Belly Dance, Tap, Cardio Kick, Bhangrafit and Aerobics ran in the community wings of Barnwell Community Centre, Netherhall, Queen Edith’s, and Coleridge amongst others.
From January 2017 Lisa has provided high quality dance tuition for attentive girls and boys and people of all ages and abilities at Whittleford Memorial Hall and Quy Village Hall Cambridgeshire.
All classes are delivered in fun, inclusive, reasonably priced, low-pressure environment. All attendees MUST register and fill out a Par-Q in advance of the session to participate! In order to maintain the viability of classes families are required to give one terms notice in writing and afford all teachers and associated staff with studio courtesy.
Lisa holds Registered Teacher Status with bbodance formerly the British Ballet Organization following achievement of the BBO Level 4 / EQF 5: Diploma in Dance Training Ofqual 600/4306/4. (Awarded 15th January 2015) and is currently studying on the BBO Level 6 Diploma in Dance Training course
Lisa is a current affiliate member of the RAD, Royal Academy of Dance and has also been awarded Associate Status through and ISTD, Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing and UTD, the United Teachers of Dance
Clean DBS Disclosure & Barring Certificate 001459079099 update service / activated 0914